Sunday Telegraph "The leaves were exceptionally good".
Anneka Rice on Radio 2 - "Almost too beautiful to eat"

Thursday 1 May 2014

Forget-me-not Cocktail




Ingredients:
1 oz Apple Schnapps
3/4 oz Cherry Brandy
1/4 oz of Kirschwasser Cherry Brandy

Who could resist a cocktail named after such a dainty wee flower and the fact that forget-me-nots are edible flowers means that this is a cocktail has my name on it.  Okay, okay - I know - most of them do have my name on them! 

Living in deepest darkest Devon I couldn't get hold of Kirchwasser Cherry Brandy so I used a full ounce of regular. I suspect that the Kirchwasser is a far more refined version and I have probably committed some cardinal sin but to my uninformed palate it tasted just fine. 


This drink can also be made longer and less potent with the addition of a long draught of cranberry or grape juice and some ice. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment